Town of Highlands Town Clerk

Official town documents are kept in this office and are available to the public. These include minutes to all Town Board meetings, various commission meetings, agreements, resolutions, Town Code and Local Laws. The vital statistics or records of births, deaths, marriages occurring in the Town of Highlands are also filed through this office.

The office issues marriage licenses, hunting and fishing licenses, dog licenses and EZ Passes.

Marriage Licenses
  • Licenses are issued Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM - No appointment necessary.
  • Both parties must be over 18.
  • Fee: $40.00
  • Each party must bring in two forms of ID (picture ID & birth certificate)
  • Both applicants must come in person
  • Any previously married persons must provide certified date of death, or certified copy of divorce papers, whichever is applicable.
  • Valid for 60 days after 24 hour waiting period.
Town Marriage Officer

The Town Supervisor serves as the marriage officer for the Town of Highlands.  Appointments for weddings by the Town Supervisor can be made through the Town Clerk's office.

Death Certificates & Birth Certificates
  • If the person died or was born in the Town of Highlands, certificate will be on file in this office
  • Copies of death certificates are available to the next of kin at $10.00 per certified copy, with photo ID.  Copies of birth certificates are available only to the individual or his/her legal parent or legal guardian, with photo ID, at $10.00 per certified copy.
Dog Licenses
  • Dogs over four months old must be licensed
  • Proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of spaying/neutering must be provided.
  • Fee is $10.00 for spayed/neutered dog, $20.00 for a dog that has not been spayed/neutered.
  • License must be renewed every year.
Conservation Licenses
  • Must be 16 (special requirements for younger ages)
  • Must have required hunter education courses (not required for Fishing License)
  • Must produce a NYS Driver's License or a NYS Non-Driver's ID , or expired conservation license
  • Fees vary depending on type of license
Town Clerk Forms